International Actuarial Association | Association Actuarielle Internationale
Highlights from this issue include:
- ILO–Eurostat Joint Workshop in Luxembourg
- Deutsche Aktuarvereinigung—Annual Meeting in Berlin
- XVth International Symposium on Insurance in Serbia
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries—Asia Conference in Hong Kong
- Actuaries Institute Australia—Actuaries Summit in Melbourne
- Joint IAIS/IAA Roundtable in Basel
Population Issues Working Group
The IAA & the Actuaries Institute Australia have collaborated on a video overview of the actuarial, social and economic impacts to retirement and eligibility ages.
OTHER NEWS OF INTEREST
Top 10 Document Downloads from January to May 2017
- Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis, 2013 IAA Paper
- Predictive Modeling of Insurance Company Operations, by Edward W. (Jed) Frees, 2013 ASTIN Colloquium, The Hague, Netherlands
- Actuarial Modeling for Insurance Claim Severity in Motor Comprehensive Policy Using Industrial Statistical Distributions, by Oyugi Margaret Achieng, 2010 International Congress of Actuaries, Cape Town, South Africa
- IAA Risk Book Chapter 13 - Asset Liability Management Techniques and Practices for Insurance Companies, by Charles Gilbert
- What is MicroInsurance?, By Craig Thorburn, Microinsurance Seminar, Tallinn, Estonia
- Indian Pension System: Problems and Prognosis, by Ranadev Goswami, 2001 IAA Pension Seminar, Brighton, UK
- Bornhuetter–Ferguson as a General Principle of Loss Reserving, by Klaus Schmidt & Mathias Zocher, 2006 ASTIN Colloquium, Manchester, UK
- Underwriting Around the World, by the Mortality Working Group, Singapore
- A Multiple Factor Model for European Stocks, by Thomas Stephan, Raimon Maurer and Martin Dürr, 2011 AFIR Colloquium, Toronto, Canada
- Role of the Actuary, 2013 IAA Paper
- Council and Committee Meetings in Chicago, U.S.
- ASTIN/AFIR-ERM Colloquium—Panama City, Panama
- LIFE Colloquium—Barcelona, Spain
- ICA 2018—Berlin, Germany
- South Asian Actuarial Conference—Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 4th Life Insurance Conference—Singapore
- SOA Asia–Pacific Annual Symposium—Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- SOA Health Predictive Analytics Seminar—Chicago, U.S.
- Actuarial Research Conference, Atlanta, U.S.
NEWS FROM MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS
- Deutsche Aktuarvereinigung, Germany
- American Academy of Actuaries, U.S.
- Casualty Actuarial Society, U.S.
- Society of Actuaries, U.S.
IAA PUBLICATIONS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
- Discount Rates in Financial Reporting - A Practical Guide
- Stochastic Modeling – Theory and Reality from an Actuarial Perspective